Husky introduces new mold mount version of its Altanium hot runner controller
For release 2007-10-24
DÜSSELDORF, Germany – Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. today announced it has added a new 6-zone, mold mount temperature controller to its Altanium product line. Altanium, Husky’s process controller for hot melt delivery systems, is the only controller on the market that offers the patented mold mount design. It is available for both Husky and non-Husky hot runners.
“The mold mount is not just an innovative way to save floor space and reduce costs, it also eliminates the issue of thermocouple cable failure since these cables are eliminated,” said Fred Humbert, Husky’s General Manager, Controls. “With the 6-zone, mold mount we can now offer the productivity and reliability benefits of the mold mount Altanium to a broader range of customers.”
The 6-zone, mold mount controller is ideal for low cavitation hot runners including Husky’s PRONTO hot runners which offer short lead times and reduced costs. It is small enough to fit on top of the 2-drop and 4-drop PRONTO hot runners.
The unique mold mount design has several advantages:
- Controller mounts directly on the injection molding machine, eliminating the need for power and thermocouple cables – this results in a significant cost savings at time of purchase
- Increases productivity of the injection molding machine because it eliminates cable damage that could cause unplanned downtime
- Reduces maintenance costs because there is no need to repair damaged cables
- Saves floor space because the mainframe mounts directly on top of the mold
- Increases safety because the elimination of cables reduces the amount of clutter in a manufacturing cell so there are less items to trip over
Altanium is well known in the industry for its accuracy, ease-of-use and flexibility. It uses ART (Active Reasoning Technology) to control heating elements within a hot runner system in order to maintain optimal temperatures, eliminating the scrap produced by a traditional runner system. Altanium also ensures the production of the highest quality parts possible, as it is the final control element before the plastic becomes a part.
Altanium comes in several configurations: from 1 to 255 zones of control with three operator interfaces and four mainframe configurations to choose from.
About Husky — Husky Injection Molding Systems (www.husky.ca) is a leading global supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics industry. The company has more than 40 service and sales offices, supporting customers in over 100 countries. Husky's manufacturing facilities are located in Canada, the United States, Luxembourg and China.
For more information, please contact:
Husky Injection Molding Systems